To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
13131 West Little York Road
Houston, TX 77041
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facility Maintenance Electrician
Toshiba International Corporation • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Summary: Repair, maintain, and install electrical systems and equipment. Work on mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic components of equipment using standard tools and gauges.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Inspect electrical systems for specified shielding and grounding, repairing or re-wiring as necessary.
- Repair mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic components of machinery.
- Plan, layout, and wire new installations.
- Test Panels - Participate with engineering on new developments and updates.
- Responsible for Test Panel Programming coordination with MIS Safety - Responsible for electrical OSHA compliance.
- Serve as electrical advisor for MP safety committee.
- Leads all electrical safety audits.
- Work with engineering for new installation designs.
- Responsible for accurate electrical record keeping
- Ovens and Furnaces - (MP Only) Installing, programming and usage of programmable controllers, knowledge of gas fired apparatuses, designed and built automated computer program for operating and tracking diecast furnaces
- Be available for on call callout when called.
- Member of Toshiba 6KV electrical team.
- Member of the Toshiba Emergency Response Team.
- Maintain work area and related tolls and equipment
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Licenced Journeyman Electrician
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer 3 years experience in industrial setting or equivalentPrefer 6 years experience in electrical field, repair, or installation
- Prefer 1 year experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical machineryAbility to plan, fit, and layout fixtures, appartus, and control equipment
Tools/Equipment:Electrical test equipment, Precision measuring instruments, Standard machine shop tools, ladders.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Climbing, bending, pushing, pulling.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Electrical hazards, moving parts, noise.