To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77040
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Select Search Consultants, LP • Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Well established Northwest client with one of the best company cultures in Houston is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team. Ideal candidates will have multi-state, multi-location payroll experience where the majority of employees are non-exempt hourly workers.
- Monitor the payroll interface and accurately report payroll costs on the general ledger
- Assist in verifying employment, income, and requests related to garnishment
- Identify, develop, recommend, and implement system and procedural changes for the payroll department
- Responsible for overseeing timely completion of each pay cycle; working with systems on operational issues; working with IT on coordination issues; coordinating system testing for changes
- Prepare and review complex work state analysis and calculate work state changes as needed
- Review gross to net and net-to-net pay comparison reports to validate payroll each pay cycle for assigned locations
- Ensure the accuracy of special pay processing, such as, bonuses and retroactive pay
- Develop and maintain compensation program including; pay philosophy, executive compensation, sales commissions, base pay, merit pay increases, bonus, incentive, and other reward programs
- 5+ years of compensation/payroll experience ideally from a multi-location service, retail, or hospitality environment with a geographically dispersed employee population
- Bachelor Degree in business, human resources, accounting or related field of study required
- Financial and analytical business acumen required
- Previous experience with ADP or Ceridian preferred
- Understanding of health and welfare plan compliance with all federal laws (including ERISA, COBRA, and Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) as well as applicable state and local regulations. Knowledge of HIPAA and IRS regulations FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers’ Compensation, Medicare, Social Security, and DOL requirements
- Expert in managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong results/goal orientation
- Strong PC and exceptional Excel skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Comprehensive benefits offered, 8-5 M-F office hours