To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Clarita, CA
- Jacqueline Casares
- Phone: 562-988-8139
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Santa Clarita, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Registered Nurse
Type: Flu Clinic
Schedule: Sept. 29, 2017, Friday, 5:45am-8:30am
Location: Valencia, CA
RN: $30-$35/hour, D.O.E.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform biometric health screenings including blood draws with both venipuncture and finger stick methods
- Perform basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
- Administer flu immunization shots (as dictated by state regulations)
- Provide exceptional customer service at all clinics and health screenings.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification (RN, BSN, NP)
Current nursing license
Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements
RN- recent graduates are welcome to apply
- The majority of the events take place Monday through Friday during day-time business hours. Must have some availability during these hours.
- Proficient with finger sticks, venipuncture and manual blood pressure.
- Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
- Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
- Excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Requires use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Handling stress & emotions,
- Concentrating on tasks
- Making decisions,
- Adjusting to change,
- Examining/observing details
- Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
- Position requires occasional travel.