To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Caitlin Spellings
- Phone: 713.358.1479
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Healthcare Data Analyst
Burnett Specialists • Houston, TX
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Healthcare company located in the Houston area is seeking a Healthcare Data Analyst to add to their team.
• Assess and analyze internal data related to program trends to drive product requirements and research for new product opportunities, healthcare quality metrics, and cost and provider performance.
• Translate complex clinical and operational scenarios, business questions, outcome performance into modeling and data requirements.
• Work independently or be a team lead to execute complex modeling and data requirements producing sound, comprehensive data analysis that provides value and fulfills the client’s needs.
• Develop predictive models and algorithms to quantify business opportunities and identify drivers of cost, quality and provider performance.
• Provide data related requirements for new product development to help capture data that is easy to consume for analysis.
• Drive a repeatable analytic process, and consistently deliver best-in-class reporting to multiple internal business stakeholders.
• Develop repeatable processes to measure impacts of a product change and present the measurements in a consumable format to the team.
• Provide timely and accurate ad hoc analyses on internal product management projects, solutions, or new opportunities to determine the precise impact on healthcare cost.
• Effectively communicate product strategies, plans, and analyses, reports, etc. to senior management.
• Work with the team to synthesize business intelligence and trend/benchmarking data to generate a reporting structure that is readily available and supports relevant recommendations for action to clients and internal business owners.
• Develop, maintain and update methods, processes, databases, dashboards, tools which support internal reporting.
• Document processes and methodologies to aid in business justification and program core documentation. (Includes technical documentation and business requirements)
• Significant experience on data structures, claims, medical records and querying and analytical tools (SQL/SAS /Tableau/BI tools).
• Play a significant role in Company’s data governance, conducting analyses and identifying data integrity issues to be vetted through our data governance structure for escalation and resolution.
1. Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, Computer Science/IT, Health Informatics, Economics, Epidemiology or Math. Master’s degree Preferred.
2. Minimum of Five (5) years of direct experience in Healthcare analytics using Medical Claims and healthcare records.
3. Excellent group presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
4. Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
5. Ability to manage long-term and short term, urgent projects.
6. Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
7. Ability to create and foster a cooperative team work environment.
8. Direct and significant experience in business intelligence applications and/or statistical analysis software including SQL/MySQL/R, SAS, Tableau, Minitab, Matlab, Crystal Reports, Business Objects Desktop(Web based) Intelligence.
9. Substantial knowledge of database structures, data querying, ETL, MDM, distributed computing tools, data mining, data auditing and technical documentation preferred.
10. Familiar with performance improvement and/or LEAN methodologies preferred.
Pay - DOE
High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Salary :
• Benefits : Full time, permanent employees are eligible for:
o Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
o Medical, dental, and vision insurance
o Short and Long Term Disability
o Life Insurance
o 401(k) retirement plans