To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1150 Broken Sound Parkway Northwest
Boca Raton, FL 33487
- Debbie Branson
- Phone: 561-241-4003
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Engineer (Electrical, HVAC, Generators, UPS)
Mutual of America • Boca Raton, FL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are hiring a 2nd Shift Plant Engineer on a team of Engineers responsible to perform all operator and preventive maintenance of our 66,000 square feet National Telecommunications and Conference Center, located in Boca Raton, Florida. This is a corporate, professional environment. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to interact with all staff levels within a corporate and also with outside vendors.
Please note: We will not be offering any type of sponsorship for Foreign nationals authorized to work.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and perform all operator and preventive maintenance on generators, electrical equipment and UPS systems including: three 750 kilowatt generators and associated equipment, high voltage transfer equipment, two 175-ton water cooled chiller units, 32 HVAC units, two 200 amp UPS systems with transfer switches.
- Assist the Security Officer in providing security in the building, must be able to operate sophisticated security and card access systems when needed.
- Coordinate and perform repairs on electrical equipment, including HVAC repairs.
- Perform daily inspection routines of all related systems; maintain records and logs.
- Assist with general building and ground keeping repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
MUTUAL OF AMERICA is a financial services company headquartered in New York City with over $19 billion in assets, celebrating over 70 years in business. Since 1945, Americans have turned to Mutual of America to help plan for their retirement and meet their long-term financial objectives. Today, as in the past, Mutual of America remains financially strong and continues to be rated among the strongest life insurance companies in the industry by the major independent ratings agencies: Fitch (AA-, Very Strong), Standard & Poor's (AA-, Very Strong), and A.M. Best (A+, Superior).
We deliver retirement savings products and services to both small and mid-size group organizations and their employees. We have never lost sight of the needs of the people who depend on us every day to help safeguard their retirement savings. From our investment philosophy to our dedication to providing personal service, our Mission is to help individuals preserve and grow their assets for their future financial security.
COMPENSATION: We offer a base salary, shift differential, overtime pay and annual bonus earning potential.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: We offer an exceptional benefits package that starts on the first day of employment.
- Comprehensive Health Plan (health/dental/vision)
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- 18 vacation days annually
- 9-10 paid holidays
- and more!
APPLY: Online or email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Mutual of America is an equal opportunity employer.
- High School diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Experience in the operation of high voltage equipment.
- Experience with pumps, chillers, generators, UPS and HVAC equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate machinery with ability to read and comprehend instructions on machines and power equipment.
- Ability to do substantial walking, standing and sitting, with unhampered mobility to react quickly in an emergency situation.
- Must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications at all times.
- Possess physical capabilities and endurance to perform all above mentioned tasks.
- Work primarily on 2nd shift, 2pm to midnight; rotating Saturdays; overtime when needed.
- Must be able to cover day shifts when needed.
- Must be available, at management's discretion, to work at all times in the event of a potential hurricane or other emergency situation.