To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Network/UC Engineer - Secret Clearance
FosterThomas • Chantilly, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Experience - At least 10 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sr. Network/UC Engineer – Secret Clearance
Location: Chantilly, VA
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Sr. Network/UC Engineer for our Client located in Chantilly, VA.
This position is for a senior level telecommunications/VOIP engineer to provide support for a Voice over IP (VOIP) effort for the Army National Guard. This position will provide telephony expertise in upgrading and replacing existing telecommunications systems consisting of Cisco, Avaya, Nortel and other various legacy PBXs. The candidate will be expected to lead a team of engineers in the design, integration, and implementation of a VOIP solution several National Guard Command locations. This position will also entail integrating network solutions to include switches, routers and voice gateways. The candidate will work closely with network engineers, the National Guard Network Support Operations Center, network security engineers, and various other groups within the program. This position will involve travel to remote sites to assist with moves and new location standups. Must be able to keep up with fast pace fielding schedule and have an active secret clearance.
Primary job duties to include:
- Installation and configuration of Cisco switching and VOIP infrastructure across multiple enterprise environments/client locations, both remotely and on-site
- Perform basic configurations on server infrastructures (mixed virtualized and physical environments)
- Create and maintain detailed diagrams and technical documentation of enterprise voice networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN, MPLS and general network theory required
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to customer contacts and management
- Partner and work with 3rd party teams and vendors
- Support with Voice Enterprise design
- Provide technical proposal support
- Device maintenance/Updating
- Site moves and installations
- Active Secret clearance (required), Interim is acceptable.
- BA/BS and at least 10 years of related network engineering/IT experience. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Security+ (DOD 8570 compliant) with a combination of the following: CCNP, CCNA, Server+
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Avaya Communications Manager
- PSTN circuits (PRI, T1, SIP, analog, FXO, FXS)
- Network Routing & Switching
- Voice gateways and protocol
- Ability to travel around 25% CONUS
- SIP/AS-SIP experience preferred
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) (preferred)
- Cisco Unity/Unity Connection/Unified Messaging (Preferred)
- Cisco UC on UCS (preferred)
- VMWare 6.x (preferred)
- Cisco Telepresence (preferred)
- CCNA certification required, CCNP/CCNP Voice preferred
- VMWare configuration experience preferred
- Windows Server administration experience preferred
- Network trouble shooting skills
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.