To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbridge, VA 22191
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Proposal Writer – Associate
FosterThomas • Woodbridge, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Proposal Writer for our Client located in Woodbridge, VA.
Our client has an immediate opening in their Proposal Development Department. The successful candidate will have a background in writing and/or editing. We are looking a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Proposal Development Department team members work closely with Departments across the company as well as external partners.
We seek candidates who enjoy learning and writing about new subjects, particularly technology trends and solutions. The successful candidate will bring 0-2 years of experience writing professionally.
- Researches, writes, and edits technical material for proposals
- Develops corporate solutions and processes as part of proposals and market research
- Drafts and reviews materials for clarity, consistency and responsiveness to requirements
- Leads and participates in review sessions to gather internal and external stakeholder feedback on proposals
- Compiles and incorporates reviewer feedback into documents
- Interviews subject matter experts to develop compelling technical content
- Maintains calendar of internal and external deadlines
- Drafts and edits technical documents
- Contributes content for communications channels such as blog updates
- Creates graphics
- Designs, formats, and produces documents to have a polished look and feel
- Brainstorms with internal and external stakeholders on solutions and strategies
- Maintains current repository of documents and templates
- Contributes to corporate processes and style guide
- Skill Sets:
- Strong writing and editing abilities, particularly with distilling complex subject matter into clear, concise content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual
- Strong coordination, planning and/or scheduling abilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Graphic design experience desired
- Federal Proposal Experience desired
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- United States citizenship with ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with concentration in Journalism, Communications or English