To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Topeka, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Retail Store Manager (Finance / Operations)
Checksmart • Topeka, KS
Posted 19 days ago
Experience - At least 1 year(s)
Degree - High School
Retail, Banking - Financial Services
Business Development, Retail, Banking
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Retail Store Managers, if you are looking for an opportunity to start working with a company that will reward and challenge your expertise – this is your chance to join CheckSmart! We are a convenient financial services institution, offering our customers many services including loans, check cashing, and pre-paid debit cards to help them whenever they need it.
Due to our amazing growth, we are seeking an experienced Retail Store Manager to join our team. In this position you will play a key role managing the day-to-day operations of your assigned store. This will involve developing, training and directing employees to ensure each transaction is handled in a respectful, courteous, and friendly manner. If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, contact us today, we definitely want to speak with you!
As a Retail Store Manager you will be responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the team members to guarantee adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures. Moreover, you will be accountable for establishing promise to pays, organizing staff through internal and external marketing, and meeting collection goals through contact calls
Additional duties for this finance management role include:
- Training and instructing employees in job duties and company policies and procedures, interpreting and communicating work procedures and company policies to staff
- Providing employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting employees, developing work schedules according to budgets and workloads
- Researching, compiling and preparing reports, correspondence, and other information required by management or governmental agencies
- Complying with governmental regulations as well as company policies, procedures, laws, and maintaining compliance within the location
We are looking for a self-driven and results-oriented Retail Store manager who combines exceptional managerial skills and the ability to solve complex problems within a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. It is also important that you demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, to effectively interact with staff and customers.
Specific qualifications for this operations management role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in retail management, convenience store or financial services
- Proven track record in building and developing a winning team
- Prior experience leading and managing the operations of a retail store
- Ability to handle direct cash, vault and safe operations
Job ID: SMTOP
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.