To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Mike Stapinski
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Trader - Multiple Openings!
Next Step Systems • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London, & New York City, is seeking Junior Traders for the Chicago Office. This position will fit talented college graduates who possess innate capabilities, such as those listed under required skills. No prior industry experience is required but is a plus. Training will take place on the job.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to do development in a programming language, preferably C/C++.
- Proficiency in other languages (e.g. Java, C#, Python) is helpful.
- Ability to do light development in a programming language using multi-dimensional arrays, nested loops, complex conditionals and simple file I/O.
- Math aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Quantitative background in math/stats, engineering or economics.
- Ability to react calmly and quickly in an electronic trading environment.
- Demonstrated interest in trading.
- Learn new concepts quickly.
- Has demonstrated the ability to use good judgment.
- Maintain integrity at all times.
- Values teamwork but still can think and work independently.
- Will dig in and be self-motivated and self-directed in personal growth and learning.
- Can communicate effectively while under pressure.
- Can adapt to changing situations with ease.
- Capable of maintaining focus with a strong drive for success.
- Ability to work on a competitive team.
- Mental discipline and ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Degree from an accredited university preferably in a science such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Material Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or related technical field while displaying a strong academic performance.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Junior Trader, C/C++, Java, C#, Python, Multi-Dimensional Arrays, Nested Loops, Simple File I/O, SQL, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems. We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates To Chicago!
"PLEASE DO NOT APPLY" If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.